Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Share Your Knowledge

OK, so being the Green Entrepreneur that I am, I am always looking for new web site that I can use that might be beneficial to our company. Maybe they have a new tidbit of information on it or a cool way to layout your blog or what have you.

Well, today a ran accross Squidoo from the WAHM site. She has great resources on it for anyone (even WAHDs) that is trying to increase their traffic to their site or online marketing or whatever.

Its an interesting concept. Instead of continually updating your blog on a daily (or ever other day for that matter in my case) basis, its more of like a one-pager of information about anything you want to Squidoo about. For those of you who are passionate about being Green, you could include tips about Green living. For the Stay-at-Home crowd, you could write about tips for staying organized for the new stay-at-homers. When I went on there today and did a search, every topic under the sun had a Squidoo "Lense" as they call it. Everyone is an expert at something they claim on the site.

One really interesting possibility is that it has the potential to drive traffic to any site that you want to target, whether it is your blog, or another web site you promote or what have you.

A VERY cool feature of it is that there is the built-in ability to donate any proceeds you get from your site to charity. How cool is that?

I do not claim to be a Squidoo expert at all. But, I think I will give it a try and see how it works and what it does.

Has anyone else used Squidoo at all before and what results did they see?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I've checked into about everything. I don't think I ever created a lens though -- I have enough problems with my contacts.