Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I just wanted to write a quick post to commemorate Memorial Day and those who are currently serving in the military here and overseas. Particularly those who gave their life in service of their country defending our freedom. I can think of no greater honor than that.

I am posting a picture of Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknowns here in honor of this day.

Do you have anyone who you know who either is or was in it the military? Please comment and let us know about them! Honor them by telling us the great service they did for their country.

1 comment:

Jeff Dunsavage said...

My Dad, Ed Dunsavage, served in the Navy during the Korean War.
All of my Dad's uncles served in WWII, throughout Europe, Africa, and the Pacific (big family).
My Uncle Bob Cassidy stormed the beaches at Normandy and fought in several major battles of WWII.
One of my best friends, Bob Kelsch, served all over the world and participated in the invasion of Grenada, returning to his main assignment in Beirut, just days after the bombing of the bunker in which so many Marines lost their lives.

My family has been fortunate never to have lost a loved one in battle. Our thoughts and prayers are with all who have served and are currently serving and with their loved ones.