Monday, May 12, 2008

My baby steps into On-line Marketing

First let me tell you that I am in my infancy for on-line advertising. I only started going on-line for any form of advertising all of three weeks ago. This is not an "how to" right kind of blog today, but more of a "how do you" or "its harder than it looks".

My wife started, and has been highly successful, at networking and word of mouth advertising for her business. I'll call it that, but really what she is wonderful at is developing relationships and helping people out, using our business as a vehicle for that. I've always watched in amazement at how she can just strike up a conversation with a new person and end up helping them. She is a natural chatter and definitely has the "law of attraction" thing going for her.

As you may have read before I took over "her" business when I quit my job and it became "our business". I figured that since I had been a "big bidnezz man" in my previous life, I would have no problem escalating our business to the next level. A little professional networking and some marketing of our website and things would fall right into place. After all, I was a professional...I knew how to make things happen.

Well, things couldn't have been further from the truth in this regard. While I've had moderate success networking and marketing, it has not nearly taken off like gang busters like I thought it would. I have learned alot in the last month and am implementing some new ideas. However, once again, I have new found admiration for my wife and what has an continues to accomplish.

So, my question is, are there any suggestions on how to get things moving in this arena of on-line marketing? There are a innumerable blogs and sites to go to, but I am looking for suggestions from those of you who are more experienced at this.

Suggestions anyone?

Please check out our business at the following link!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're on the right track. Starting a blog is a good idea because you can drive some interest & traffic to your site.

The idea of a green home fits well into the "Building Camelot" idea...maybe you'd like to do a guest post about creating a green home.

Think it over and let me know what you think.

--TW