Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kids keep things in perspective

Kids definitely have a way of keeping everything in perspective.

I mentioned in my last blog that we were a vendor at a home expo list last weekend, and at that expo we received quite a bit of work. This morning I was in a rush to try and finish some work we had picked up at the expo before taking the kids off to school. However, both of my girls were quite demanding and "needed" an adult to get them ready for the day.

"Daddy...daddy...daddy" was their mantra this morning. As my temperature began to rise and my state of exasperation increased....I kept thinking, "How am I gonna get this stuff done?"

Well, I did what I usually (well at least try) to do when my kids get me going, hold my breath and count to 10,9,8,7,6.....

Phew....that brought me back to my senses. I thought, "Does it really matter if I get this stuff done RIGHT now? My girls need me and that is the most important thing. This stuff can wait."

Seems that sometimes it takes me to count to 10 in order to remember what is really important. Everyone should try it.

Jolly Green Dad

1 comment:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I can definitely relate to this post. I work from home about 16 hours a week and I try not to let it interfere with my mom time, but I am so bad about it!

Thanks for the reminder to always remember what is "really" important.