Monday, April 28, 2008

Interest in Going Green

I just wanted to say a little bit about the vast interest in Going Green these days, in particular with companies that want to tie themselves into that image.

This weekend, my wife and I were exhibitors at a Home Expo displaying our products, specifically our Eco-Friendly line of cleaners, Go Green. While we did generate some interest from customers perusing the fair, the biggest interest by far came from companies that wanted to get in on the whole "Go Green" thing. One company approached my wife and wanted to use our products as thank you gifts for the services that they render. They were looking for something different and thought that our Go Clean products might be a nice environmental twist to what they did and would make their services stick out in their customers mind.

While this company seemed quite reputable and the vendor personally seemed very honest about his interest in our products, it raised a question. What if a company approached me that was interested in using the Go Green image, but I thought them to be not reputable or would not buy from them personally? Or even worse....one that I knew was not environmentally friendly? Would I sell to them? This is the first time that I had been this close to the selling end of business and the first time I had even thought these questions.

Its an interesting question that just made me think a little bit this weekend about my business and how I go about it. One of the things that really attracts me to being a distributor for this company is that I honestly believe that they believe in what they say....helping the environment and doing it in an ethical way.

Go Green!!

Any thoughts or comments?

Jolly Green Dad

1 comment:

Pandora Wilde said...

I do have some thoughts but it's a long story that happened to me a few years back, so I'm going to blog it over at the buzz instead.

The short version--if you don't trust enough to buy from them, research them very closely before selling to them, especially if they're using your products as a selling point.